U*derm Omega Gel
U-derm omega gel contains essential fatty acids, mainly the series omega 3 and omega 6, concentrated and purified, coming from borage and fish oil. Its high content in eicosapentaenoic (EPA), docosehexaenoic (DHA) and gamma-linolenic (GLA) acids provides it with multiple effects that are beneficial in the nutritional approach to the treatment of certain degenerative, dermatological, cardiovascular and rheumatoid diseases.
Its presentation in gel and excellent palatability makes it an excellent choice for small breed dogs and cats.
Format: tube with 50 g of palatable gel
Information for the veterinarian
Composition per 1.15 g dose
|Omega 3||375.5 mg of purified fish oil:
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 124 mg
Docohexanoic acid (DHA) 83 mg
|Omega 6||100 mg of purified borage oil:
Gammalinolenico acid (GLA) 20 mg
Linolenic acid (LA) 34 mg
|Vitamina E||d-α tocoferol
- 4 cm of paste/5 kg = 1.15 g = ½ teaspoon.
- The daily dosage may be spread over 1 or 2 doses.
- Twice the recommended dose can be used for the treatment of certain pathologies when so directed by the veterinarian.
- The corresponding dose is given directly by mouth, and is accepted in the majority of occasions as if it were a treat. In the unlikely event of it being refused, it can be hidden in food.
- In cats, the paste can also be deposited on the snout and they will tend to lick it as part of their cleaning habits.
The fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6 are widely used in veterinary medicine for their anti-inflammatory effects that significantly help to reduce the dose of corticosteroids in cats and dogs affected by skin disorders, especially in the cases of atopic dermatitis, hyperkeratosis and seborrheic dermatitis.
In addition to their dermatological effects, Omega-3 acids are increasingly used in the nutritional approach to the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative autoimmune diseases, diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Although the ideal Omega 3/Omega 6 ratio is 1:3 to 1:6, Omega 6 acids are usually ingested in sufficient quantities in commercial diets, unlike Omega-3 (from fish oil), which must be provided via specific supplements to achieve a proper nutritional balance.
U~derm Omega provides a high content of essential concentrated and purified Omega 3 fatty acids, indispensable for the nutritional approach to certain pathologies associated with an inflammatory and degenerative component.
DOCUMENTATION FOR THE VETERINARY
* This information is available only to veterinarians. Clicking the download link declares that possess appropriate qualifications to access the content..